Zarraffa’s Iced Coffee Popsicles
Enjoy these simple, refreshing iced coffee popsicles year-round!
Serves: This recipe makes approximately 6 popsicles.
Made with our very own Zarraffa’s Brazilian coffee beans, these creamy caffeinated treats can be enjoyed for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack throughout the day.
This recipe can be altered to taste, and made using your choice of milk, whether it be full cream, skim, almond, lactose-free or soy. We also recommend adding a Zarraffa’s syrup or chocolate sauce for some extra sweetness!
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 tablespoons of Zarraffa’s Brazilian coffee beans (or other Zarraffa’s blend of your choice), finely ground
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 cup of milk of your choice
- 3 tablespoons of Zarraffa’s syrup (e.g. Vanilla, Caramel), Raw Sugar or Sweetener. Adjust the amount to taste.
- A popsicle mould. We have used a 6 popsicle mould – but you can adjust the ingredients for different quantities.
- Make 1 cup of fresh coffee using your preferred brewing method. We used espresso, but filter or plunge will work too.
- Allow the hot coffee to cool completely before preparing the rest of the mix.
- Pour cold coffee into a bowl and slowly add milk and flavours to taste. Stir and let cool. Whisk the ingredients together until well combined.
- Ensure the popsicle mixture is completely cold before placing into the freezer, as this will help to avoid any ice crystals from forming.
- Divide your popsicle mix between the six moulds and insert the sticks or lids, ready for freezing.
- Place mould in the freezer and leave for 12 hours. Once frozen completely, remove from the freezer and separate the popsicles from their moulds to serve. Running the mould under warm water can help to release them.
Tip: Adding gelatin to your popsicle mix can help to keep it frozen for longer, and will help to set the mix quickly. For extra creaminess, try replacing milk with cream.
Don’t forget to ask your Zarraffa’s Coffee barista to grind the coffee beans to suit your brewing method when purchasing.
Click here for your nearest store.